Honey Tarragon Chicken
The perfect way to dress up a regular chicken breast is to soak it in this thick, luxurious cream sauce. This creamy mix of sweet and savory in every bite will wrap you up in a hug and take away every worry you have, even if just for a moment.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast (cut into 1/2 in cubes)
- 2 shallots (minced)
- 1 tbsp butter (optional - can omit & substitute with non-stick spray or spray olive oil)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon (dried tarragon is a fine substitute if you can't find fresh, just use probably 1/2 to 1 tsp of dried)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- salt & pepper (to taste)
Mince shallots and saute in butter/non-stick spray until translucent.
Add diced chicken, which as been seasoned well with salt & pepper, to shallots and saute until it has been cooked through.
Once chicken is cooked through, add honey. Add in tarragon. Stir to combine and incorporate.
Add in heavy cream. Stir occasionally and allow cream to reduce so sauce can thicken.
Serve over rice & enjoy!
Here are the original recipe notes:
First, sauté the shallots in butter until they are soft and translucent. Next, add the chicken, which has been seasoned with salt and pepper, and sauté until it’s cooked through. Toss in a good amount of tarragon. There is no set amount. Whatever looks good is fine. Stir. Add in the honey. Stir. Finally, add the heavy cream. Stir occasionally and let simmer until sauce thickens.
Serve over rice.
**Points were calculated based on omitting butter in this recipe.**
Calculated using the WW Recipe Creator
- 22 WW Freestyle Smartpoints (Blue & Purple Plans 💙💜)
- 26 WW Smartpoints (Green Plan 💚)