Delicata Squash & Goat Cheese Warm Pasta Salad
The cool, fresh arugula wilts softly from the warmth of the pasta and the rich flavor of the Delicata mellows out the delicious, tangy goat cheese that melts to coat the entire salad. This warm salad is the perfect autumn side to share with friends and family!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2 Pounds Delicata Squash (cut in 1/4 inch half moon shapes)
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
- 8 Ounces Pasta (I use Barilla Campanelle, N. 99)
- 6 Ounces Arugula (I like using the 50/50 Baby Arugula/Baby Spinach mix too!)
- 2 1/2 Ounces Soft Type Goat Cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Slice Delicata squash in half length-wise first, then into 1/4 inch half moon shapes. Toss squash with garlic, oil, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper in a bowl or right on the baking sheet you'll use to roast them. Spread out into a single layer on baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 25-30 minutes. Stir about half way through.
While squash is roasting, cook your pasta according to package instructions. Drain and keep warm.
Combine hot pasta, roasted squash, arugula and goat cheese. Toss until all ingredients are coated in goat cheese. Serve immediately.
- 6 WW Smartpoints for all three plans 💙💚💜
- Serving size is 1/6th of the recipe, approximately 2 cups.
- Using whole wheat pasta would decrease points to 2 Smartpoints for Purple Plan 💜
- Created using the WW Recipe Creator.