At the beginning of this year, I got a bunch of questions from friends and family about what to make for dinner as people were transitioning to joining WW (PS, anyone want a to join & get a free month? Click this link!). I got the idea to post my meal plan for them. This then spiraled into me thinking of those inquiring minds who weren’t necessarily asking for it but found themselves curious or wanting inspiration. I also noticed that in my close circle of friends, we ask “what’s for dinner?” to each other almost daily, so I just know other people have to be asking that question, too.
Since I do take the time to meal plan, it makes so much sense to share it because I get inspiration from other people all the time since I constantly feel like I get stuck in food-ruts. I wanted to share because sharing is caring.
This Week’s Recipe Bank:
- Chili Dogs
- I had a thing for chili dogs in a BIG way while I was pregnant this past summer. We pulled this one out of the bucket this week and I am PSYCHED.
- I will use the Ballpark Smoked Turkey franks (1sp each) and a Lewis Bake Shop Healthy Life hot dog bun (2sp for 1, 5sp for 2). I use Castleberrys American Hot Dog Sauce (1sp for 3tbsp) and I’ll top it with fat free cheddar cheese (0sp for 1/4 cup).
- I’ll serve this with chips and/or tater tots. More than likely, I’ll weigh out chips and make the tots for my husband; I’m all about more bang for my buck, so I’ll get more chips for less points than I will for tots.
- Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Carrots
- This one isn’t really a recipe. I’ll use my knock-off instant pot to make a pot roast – the app shows 3 oz of cooked, trimmed chuck roast as 7 points. I’m not sure what the difference is between that and 3 oz of cooked lean, trimmed chuck roast for 3sp but 7sp probably seems more reasonable/realistic and I’d rather err on the side of caution.
- I bought some Ore Ida Steam & Mash Mashed potatoes from the freezer section when I was at the grocery store and 1 serving (3/4 cup) is 2sp, which is amazing. Even my garlic mashed potatoes are 4sp, and they’re really good, but it’s hard to beat 2sp and the easiness of these freezer section ones.
- One Pot Spaghetti
- I’ve made this one from Skinnytaste once before, but I keep seeing it all over IG lately, so I have major FOMO. Time for spaghetti!
- I haven’t plugged it into the recipe builder yet based on the exact products I plan to use yet, but the recipe on her website says it’s 8sp on blue.
- I plan on using Barilla protein pasta and 99% fat free ground turkey instead of ground beef, so I’m sure my substitutes will decrease the point value.
- Chicken, Mac & Cheese, and a veggie
- This mac & cheese is bomb from Lite Cravings. It’s easy to pull together and it just tastes good. It’s 6sp per serving on blue.
- FFY (Fend For Yourself)
Drop a comment down below and let me know what you thought about this!! If you liked it, please share it with your friends & tag me @glimpseatgrace on social media!