At the beginning of this year, I got a bunch of questions from friends and family about what to make for dinner as people were transitioning to joining WW (PS, anyone want a to join & get a free month? Click this link!). I got the idea to post my meal plan for them. This then spiraled into me thinking of those inquiring minds who weren’t necessarily asking for it but found themselves curious or wanting inspiration. I also noticed that in my close circle of friends, we ask “what’s for dinner?” to each other almost daily, so I just know other people have to be asking that question, too.
Since I do take the time to meal plan, it makes so much sense to share it because I get inspiration from other people all the time since I constantly feel like I get stuck in food-ruts. I wanted to share because sharing is caring.
This Week’s Recipe Bank:
- Crispy Chicken Sandwiches
- I’m winging this. Originally, I thought to myself “buffalo chicken sandwich” but it transitioned to a copycat Chick Fil A’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich.
- I’m basically going to make my own combination of this recipe & this recipe and see how I can manage to make this and keep it low in points. I’ll use a healthy life bun for 2sp and so far I’m thinking my chicken will be between 2 and 5sp. I plan on using my air fryer. I’m still deciding what sauces/toppings I’m going to put on my sandwich.
- I think I’ll make tater tots for my husband and I’ll probably eat sunships (3sp for 21g) or some WW chips (2sp for a pouch).
- Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes & Roasted Carrots
- This one isn’t really a recipe. I’ll use my knock-off instant pot to make a pot roast – the app shows 3 oz of cooked, trimmed chuck roast as 7 points. I’m not sure what the difference is between that and 3 oz of cooked lean, trimmed chuck roast for 3sp but 7sp probably seems more reasonable/realistic and I’d rather err on the side of caution.
- I bought some Ore Ida Steam & Mash Mashed potatoes from the freezer section when I was at the grocery store and 1 serving (3/4 cup) is 2sp, which is amazing. Even my garlic mashed potatoes are 4sp, and they’re really good, but it’s hard to beat 2sp and the easiness of these freezer section ones.
- One Pot Hamburger Helper
- This one comes from Defined Dish, and we loved this last time we made it. Every time I see someone else make this on IG, I am immediately reminded I need to make this and then I promptly forget about it, but not this week! It’s on!
- With the ingredients I use and any subs I make, mine comes to 10sp per serving!
- Chicken, Rice Pilaf & Broccoli
- This one isn’t really a recipe either. This one is a go-to in our home – because it’s so damn easy and it always just tastes good. I’ll bake some chicken with some type of marinade – either Kraft Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette (1sp) or lemon juice with a little McCormick Garlic & Herb spice blend (0sp) and serve it up with Near East Rice Pilaf (5sp for 1 cup). Steamed broccoli on the side. Easy peasy.
- FFY (Fend For Yourself)
Drop a comment down below and let me know what you thought about this!! If you liked it, please share it with your friends & tag me @glimpseatgrace on social media!