At the beginning of this year, I got a bunch of questions from friends and family about what to make for dinner as people were transitioning to joining WW (PS, anyone want a to join & get a free month? Click this link!). I got the idea to post my meal plan for them. This then spiraled into me thinking of those inquiring minds who weren’t necessarily asking for it but found themselves curious or wanting inspiration. I also noticed that in my close circle of friends, we ask “what’s for dinner?” to each other almost daily, so I just know other people have to be asking that question, too.
Since I do take the time to meal plan, it makes so much sense to share it because I get inspiration from other people all the time since I constantly feel like I get stuck in food-ruts. I wanted to share because sharing is caring.
This Week’s Recipe Bank:
- Breakfast for Dinner
- I made breakfast for dinner for my toddler the other day and my husband whined “how come you never make this for us?” so I’m going to prove him wrong and we’ll all have Breakfast for Dinner. Also, this is such a good idea that I always forget about.
- I will be using Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk waffle mix to make waffles or pancakes (probably waffles) for us. I use 1/2 cup of dry mix with about 1/2 cup water and one egg to make 4 small waffles in my waffle maker, so I count each mini waffle as 1sp, even though 1/2 cup dry mix comes up as 5sp but 1/8 cup comes up as 1sp. (WW math is annoying sometimes and I’m a rebel.)
- I will also be trying something new! I’m going to make my own 0sp breakfast sausage patties by using a recipe from DrizzleMeSkinny! I’m excited to do this because I’m such a cheapskate when it comes to points and this seems like such a happy medium for a breakfast meat.
- Some additional items that may make an appearance at dinner: eggs (0sp), hash browns (2sp for 1.5 cups), and sugar free syrup (1sp for 1/4 cup).
- This one isn’t really a recipe. I’ll use 99% ground turkey with taco seasoning (0sp) and most of the toppings I enjoy are 0sp also – fat free cheese, lettuce, hot sauce, fat free greek yogurt.
- I will make fat free refried beans for 0sp and serve some yellow rice (5sp for about 1 cup) as a side.
- Sundried Tomato & Chicken Gnocchi
- I love this recipe by Eat Yourself Skinny. This is actually a family favorite and one that feels more fun than just a regular pasta dish.
- With the ingredients I use and any subs I make, mine comes to 9sp per serving!
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- It just wouldn’t be a normal week in my house if I didn’t include a dinner with some Asian flavors! Skinnytaste Honey Garlic Shrimp is a regular in our home, and I love that it is low in points (2sp per serving)! I love the citrus in this one – yum!
- I’ll serve this with white rice (6sp for 1 cup) and I’ll make a game-time decision on whether or not I’ll have some Trader Joe’s chicken-cilantro wontons (4 for 1sp) or a Trader Joe’s veggie spring roll (3sp) to accompany my shrimp.
- FFY (Fend For Yourself)
Drop a comment down below and let me know what you thought about this!! If you liked it, please share it with your friends & tag me @glimpseatgrace on social media!