These Chocolate Pretzel Hugs are the perfect quick & easy addition to any holiday spread because they’re festive and a great poppable snack! If you need just one tiny bite of something sweet, this is a perfect salty-and-sweet treat to have at your fingertips!
I’m about to share with you the easiest holiday treat there is. Well, aside from buying something already made, this is just about the easiest holiday treat I know how to make. You guys, it’s only THREE INGREDIENTS.
- Hershey’s Hugs (or Kisses, your preference!)
While I was growing up, we made these treats every year along with the whole slew of cookies and holiday treats for our cookie trays and cookie exchanges. They’re a great addition to any holiday spread because they’re festive and a great poppable snack! If you need just one tiny bite of something sweet, this is a perfect salty-and-sweet treat to have at your fingertips!
The first thing I did was line my cookie sheet with parchment because that makes for super easy clean up and you’re not left trying to scrape any melted chocolate from your baking sheet. Then I like to lay out all the pretzels in perfect lines because I’m anal, but I remember when I was little, we just crammed as many on a tray that we could and didn’t really care about rows.
The next thing is the most tedious part, which would be a good task to delegate to your least favorite friend or cousin if you’re doing this in a group: the unwrapping of the Hugs.
Once you’re all unwrapped and your Hugs are naked (lol), you need to top your pretzels with hugs. I should mention that you can use any shape pretzel you want, I’ve seen these made with the square shape or the round shape, but I like the tiny twists, and that’s what we’ve used since I was little, so nostalgia won out this time. I think the square ones look really, really nice, though.
Throw those babies in a preheated 200-degree oven. They need to get all melty and delicious. Somewhere between 3 to 4 minutes is the perfect amount of time. I set my timer for 3.5 minutes so that I have time to get back to the oven before they get too melty if I’m trying to multitask. You don’t want to go much longer than that because you still want them to hold a little bit of their shape and not melt all over. I also wouldn’t raise the temperature too much higher because you don’t want the chocolate to burn; it should be just warm enough to get them to soften up to top with the M&M at the end.
Finally, you just need to top each sweet little Pretzel Hug with a M&M. This time I used regular M&Ms and Peanut Butter M&Ms but the best part of these is that you can use anything you want really. They’re also so great for a theme because the topper is whatever you want – you could use Reese’s Pieces at Halloween and for Valentine’s Day you could use pink and red M&Ms. If you wanted to make these for any ol’ time of the year, just use regular M&Ms! They’re great for baby showers, Christmas parties, or a work food day!
They’re also super easy to pack up and transport to wherever you’re taking them!
Check out the recipe below for this sweet and festive treat!
Chocolate Pretzel Hugs
- 77 Tiny Twist Pretzels (any small pretzel variety will do!)
- 77 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Hugs (Any variety of a Hershey Kiss candy will work)
- 77 M&Ms (Any variety of M&M can be used)
- Preheat oven to 200 degress Fahrenheit.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Align pretzels in single layer on baking sheet. (My baking sheet fit 11×7 for a total of 77.)
- Unwrap each Hershey Hug. Top each pretzel with unwrapped chocolate candy. (To fill my baking sheet full of pretzels used approximately 1.5 bags of Hugs).
- Place Hug topped pretzels into 200 degree oven for 3-4 minutes. (3.5 minutes was perfect for me.)
- While candy is still warm and melty, gently top each Hug with an M&M. Let cool and chocolate will harden again. Store in airtight container.
- 4 WW Smartpoints for all three plans 💙💚💜
- Serving size is 1 piece
- Regular: 1 Piece = 2 FS SP // 2 Pieces = 3 FS SP // 3 Pieces = 5 FS SP
- Peanut Butter: 1 Piece = 2 FS SP // 2 Pieces = 4 FS SP // 3 Pieces = 5 FS SP
- Switching out the type of Hershey Kiss and/or M&M variety may change point value.
- Calculated using the WW Recipe Creator.
Did you try this recipe? I’d love to see how it turned out!
Snap a photo and tag @glimpseofgrace on Instagram!